Heritage

The significance of the Anzac Park East site

  • 1941

    War Memorial construction complete. The start of ANZAC Parade.

  • 1963

    Pre Lake Burley Griffin and construction of the lake’s edge.

  • 1964

    Lake Burley Griffin is filled and opened. ANZAC Park East is under construction.

  • 1965

    ANZAC Park East and ANZAC Parade are complete. The Bureau of Mineral Resources move into ANZAC Park East and ANZAC Park West is still under construction (completed 1967).

  • 1970

    ANZAC Park East was home to the Bureau of Mineral Resources from 1965 until 1997.

  • Current

    ANZAC Park East in relation to the significant growth of the City of Canberra